AddressFeina UB Faculty of Medicine Casanova, 143, 5th floor Barcelona 08036 work
Fields of interest
Mechanical properties of the airways and lung tissues, alterations of the mechanical function, sleep apnea syndrome, mechanical ventilation, chronic respiratory failure, mechanical behavior of the respiratory system, diagnosis and treatment of respiratory diseases, Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine.
Expertise / technical skills
- Lung function, respiratory mechanics, cell mechanical properties, nanotechnology, upper airway, biophysical mechanisms, regenerative medicine, lung bioengineering.
- Atomic Force Microscopy , Magnetic Tweezers, Cell stretching, Surface Micro/Nano-patterning, Live cell fluorescence microscopy, Traction Microscopy, Cell culture, Respiratory mechanics techniques, Animal models of mechanical ventilation, Animal models of obstructive sleep apnea, Organ decellularization, Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells, Murine embryonic stem cells.
Type of research:
Type of research: Basic, Translational
5 Main publications
- Almendros I, Wang Y, Becker L, Lennon FE, Zheng J, Coats BR, Schoenfelt KS, Carreras A, Hakim F, Zhang SX, Farré R, Gozal D. Intermittent hypoxia-induced changes in tumor associated macrophages and tumor malignancy in a murine sleep apnea model. Submitted. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2014; 189: 593-601.
- Martinez-Garcia MA, Martorell-Calatayud A, Nagore E, Valero I, Selma MJ, Chiner E, Landete P, Montserrat JM, Carreras C, Campos-Rodriguez F, Pérez-Gil A, Farré R. Association between sleep disordered-breathing and aggressiveness of malignant cutaneous melanoma. Eur Respir J, in press.
- Puig F, Fuster G, Adda M, Blanch L, Farré R, Navajas D, Artigas A. Barrier-protective effects of activated protein C in human alveolar epithelial cells. PLoS ONE, 2013; 8(2): e56965.
- Nieto FJ, Peppard PE, Young T, Finn L, Hla KM, Farré R. Sleep disordered breathing and cancer mortality: results from the Wisconsin Sleep Cohort Study. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med., 2012, 186: 190–194.
- Sunyer R, Trepat X, Fredberg JJ, Farré R, Navajas D, Temperature dependence of cell mechanics measured by atomic force microscopy. Phys Biol 6:025009, 2009.