AddressFeina Hospital Clínic Thorax Clinical Institute Villarroel, 170. CDR Stair 6, 0 floor Barcelona 08036 work
Fields of interest
Chronic diseases: integrated care, systems medicine-predictive medicine, information and communication technologies (ICT).
O2 pathway – cell bioenergetics relationships: biological mechanisms and impact at system level, non-invasive assessment, exercise, rehabilitation and wellness.
Expertise / technical skills
- Deployment of Integrated Care Services for chronic patients supported by Information and Communication Technologies (ICS_ICT).
- Modeling techniques (deterministic and network medicine) in translational research and transfer to healthcare through clinical decision support systems (CDSS) and patient decision support systems (PDSS).
- Workforce preparation – International educational programs fostering convergence between predictive medicine and integrated care.
Type of research:
Type of research: Basic, Clinical, Epidemiology, Pre-clinical, Translational
5 MAIN PUBLICATIONS
- Sala E et al. Effects of endurance training on skeletal muscle bioenergetics in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1999; 159: 1726-1734.
- Rabinovich R et al. Reduced muscle redox capacity after endurance training in patients with COPD. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2001; 164 (7): 1114-1118.
- Selivanov VA et al. Bistability of mitochondrial respiratorion underlies paradoxical reactive oxygen species generation by anoxia. PLoS Comput Biol. 2009 Dec;5(12):e1000619. doi: 10.1371/journal.pcbi.1000619. Epub 2009 Dec 24.
- Turan N et al. Systems biology approach identifies molecular networks defining skeletal muscle abnormalities in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. PLoS Comput Biol. 2011 Sep;7(9):e1002129. Epub 2011 Sep 1.
- Burgos F et al. Telemedicine enhances quality of forced spirometry in primary care. Eur Respir J. 2012 Jun;39(6):1313-8.