BRN Mission and values
The mission of BRN is to promote and streamline research and innovation in the field of respiratory health, promoting public-private cooperation (hospitals, research centers, pharmaceutical and medical technology) and involving civil society to:
- Promote collaborative scientific projects based on excellence
- Attract investment, impulse economic activity and contribute to social well-being.
- Become an international refrence.
- Promote research training and encourage knowledgement.
The BRN values are Scientific Excellence, Reserach Network, Internationalisation and Transfer to Society
BRN strategic goals
- Increase the quantity and quality of research in respiratory health.
- Increase the transfer from scientific knowledge to clinical practice, in collaboration with health-related industries.
- Attract top international researchers in respiratory health.
- Increase international presence of researchers dedicated to respiratory health in the Barcelona area of influence.
- Include respiratory health as a strategic approach within the research budgets of public administration.
- Contribute to attract business and foreign investment in Barcelona, as a focus of research and innovation in respiratory health.